MacPorts OS X 10.6.2 install problem

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Feb 24 11:47:41 PST 2010

On Feb 24, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2010, at 07:20 , Ian Roache wrote:
>> rsync: getaddrinfo: rsync.opendarwin.org 873: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
>
> This is a DNS error.  And, in fact:
>
>  mress:21033 Z$ host rsync.opendarwin.org
>  Host rsync.opendarwin.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> (I'm also dubious about "opendarwin.org", although perhaps I shouldn't be.)

Yep, that's a really old config.

You should be able to safely install a newer version of macports if you need to. You may be able to just update ${prefix}/etc/macports/sources.conf to have a line like:

rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ [default]

And your ${prefix}/etc/macports/macports.conf to have:
rsync_server rsync.macports.org
rsync_dir release/base/

--
Daniel J. Luke