Pyraf question

David Nicholls david at mso.anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 1 15:24:15 PST 2010

David Nicholls wrote:
> Joshua Root wrote:

>>> Well, is there a configure script or not?
>
> As this is my first attempt at building a port, and I'm no heavy duty
> Unix person, there's lots of things I don't know that I don't know
> about.  One of which is configure scripts. More to learn :-)
>

>> Actually, given that this is a python module, you most likely want to
>> use the appropriate PortGroup, which would set 'use_configure no' for
>> you.
>
> I'll try that.  First I need to read more about portgroups.

Further inspection of the 3 setup files in the pyraf distro indicates a
dependence on x11, and since I'm also trying to get the latest XQuartz
x11 server working (see open ticket
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/337 ), it makes no sense to
try getting pyraf working yet.  And I strongly suspect I know nowhere
near enough to tackle the port just yet.  I'll (probably) be back.

DN