php5-oracle (was: Port error, and php5+oracle issue)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 5 15:35:07 PST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 14:02, Celso Coutinho wrote:

> I'm having enormous issues while trying to have php accessing an oracle database. I know there's a port that does what I want (php5-oracle), but I wonder: the only thing I have to do, is to install that port? I tried pretty much everything that I found on the web, and the only thing I managed to do was to mess with the built-in apache....

If you install php5-oracle, you should have the ability to connect to Oracle databases using PHP scripts that use MacPorts PHP. MacPorts PHP typically is built to use MacPorts Apache (or FastCGI), not to use Apple's built-in Apache. Please let us know what you tried and what error messages you got as a result.