lp_solve installing problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 5 15:51:59 PST 2010

I'm going to Cc this to macports-users again since we have another user reporting the same issue today who might be interested.

On Jan 5, 2010, at 14:20, Deeparnab Chakrabarty wrote:

> I seem to be having a problem making a new ticket - it doesn't recognize my email
> and password!

Have you tried the "Lost Password" or "Register" buttons at the top right of the Trac page?

> To answer your questions though: I am using OS X10.6, I have a Macbook Pro, I have XCode version 3.2,
> build_arch is set to i386, i am not building universal- i don't know how to do that.

If that's true, then that's odd, since the port should not look in the directory osx64 unless the build_arch is x86_64 or ppc64. Are you sure build_arch is set to i386, or does that line in macports.conf begin with a "#" meaning it is commented out?

> THe output below is with the -d flag on.
>
> Output:
>   ~ $sudo port install -d lp_solve
>   --->  Computing dependencies for lp_solve
>   --->  Staging lp_solve into destroot
>   Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: Unable to chdir to /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_lp_solve/work/lp_solve_5.5/lpsolve55/bin/osx64, No such file or directory
>   Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Please clean first, then run with the debug flag.

sudo port clean -d lp_solve
sudo port -d install lp_solve 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/lp_solve.txt

The file lp_solve.txt on your desktop will then contain the full log and can be attached to a ticket.