Premature Installation

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 6 19:41:10 PST 2010

On Jan 6, 2010, at 20:45, James Finnerty wrote:

> I installed MacPorts for Snow Leopard without realizing that I did not have XCode developer tools.
>
> Will I need to uninstall / reinstall MacPorts after having completed the XCode install?

You can install Xcode now and it should be fine.

We plan to modify the installer script to prevent you from installing MacPorts when Xcode is not already present, to reduce the number of bug reports we get where the resolution is "you need to install Xcode".

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21685#comment:3