php5-oracle

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 6 21:28:23 PST 2010

On Jan 6, 2010, at 22:10, Celso Coutinho wrote:

> This may look like a noob question, but how do I turn Macports apache back on?

To turn MacPorts apache2 off, use

sudo port unload apache2

To turn it on, use

sudo port load apache2

The same applies to any other port that uses MacPorts launchd items. Any such port should have printed an instruction to you at install time explaining this.

On Jan 6, 2010, at 22:17, Celso Coutinho wrote:

> It worked... I typed localhost on the browser and it now goes to where I want, but.... It can't connect to the Oracle database! I got this message:
>
> Warning: oci_connect() [function.oci-connect]: OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed. There is something wrong with your system - please check that DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the directory with Oracle Instant Client libraries in /Users/binte/Sites/testeOracle.php on line 7
>

> When I type in the terminal:
>
> bash-3.2# echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> I got nothing! I guess I add to export that variable to the path where oci8.so is. Am I right?

It doesn't matter what your shell's PATH is; it matters what Apache's PATH is. Properly-written software should not require such shenanigans, unfortunately Oracle does not appear to know how to write Mac software properly.

Our resident Oracle expert John Korchok provided this solution to that problem:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-August/016334.html

I should probably have the php5-oracle port print a message at install time telling users to set this up. Would you please file an issue in the issue tracker to remind me of that?