Error while installing mit-scheme

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 13 10:47:36 PST 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 21:10, Peng Yu wrote:

>>> There is no fix to this issue? Is there a walkaround?
>>
>> I think this may have been fixed upstream in a recent release or
>> snapshot -- let me give it a try and either update the port (if it
>> works) or nag the developers the next time I see any of them (if it
>> doesn't).
>
> Has the problem been fixed?

The ticket says it has.

> I try to install it again. But it stops at
> Building stage forever.
>
> $sudo port install mit-scheme
> --->  Computing dependencies for mit-scheme
> --->  Fetching mit-scheme
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for mit-scheme
> --->  Extracting mit-scheme
> --->  Applying patches to mit-scheme
> --->  Configuring mit-scheme
> --->  Building mit-scheme

Define "forever". :) It might just take a long time to build. I can time it on my machine later if you like. You can use the debug switch to see everything that's happening, to see if it's actually doing stuff or if it's stopped waiting for something.

sudo port -d install mit-scheme