PHP 5.3 and 5.2

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 14 16:58:11 PST 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Craig Hoffman wrote:

> Quick question:  is it possible to install both PHP 5.3 and 5.2.x and toggle between the two?  Currently, our web server is running 5.2.x and our development server is running 5.3.  What's the best way to go about this?

Yes, but you would have to locate the old php 5.2.x installer from MacPorts, and install that from a local port setup.  Doing something like this is not the simplest thing to do, and is prone to error.

I would be more inclined to set MacPorts to use two separate prefix's and toggle between those, or, perhaps use Apple's php for the 5.3, and MacPorts for the 5.2.x.

If there is any way to avoid this, I certainly would try.