php mcrypt uiversal

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Jan 16 14:58:29 PST 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 6:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2010, at 19:03, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get mcrypt universal working, but hit an error:
>
> It builds fine universal here. Presumably one of the dependencies is not built universal on your system.

I have updated the two libs to php5-mcrypt:
    depends_lib-append      port:libmcrypt \
                            port:libtool

Here is the active universal
    $port installed libmcrypt
      libmcrypt @2.5.8_1
      libmcrypt @2.5.8_1+universal (active)

    $port installed libtool
      libtool @2.2.6b_0
      libtool @2.2.6b_0+universal (active)

Now I try to built out php5-mcrypt +universal…
$sudo port -d install mcrypt +universal 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/php5-mcrypt.txt

View the tee'd output here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/01.16.10/php5-mcrypt-9a51fd88-145003.txt

The main error I think I am hitting is:
    configure: error: "You need at least libmhash 0.8.15 to compile this program.
    http://mhash.sf.net/"

If that is the case, shouldn't that be listed as a dependency in php5-mcypypt?

I went ahead and ran:
    $sudo port install mhash +universal

    $port installed mhash
      mhash @0.9.9.9_0
      mhash @0.9.9.9_0+universal (active)

Them I ran `sudo port install php5-mcrypt +universal` which seems to have worked.

    $port installed php5-mcrypt
      php5-mcrypt @5.3.1_2
      php5-mcrypt @5.3.1_2+universal (active)

Checking for sure:
    $cd /opt/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/
    $file mcrypt.so
    mcrypt.so: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
    mcrypt.so (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64
    mcrypt.so (for architecture i386):	Mach-O bundle i386

And now I am confused, because is that really a UB?  I thought a UB had to be 4 way?