Installing KDE4 on macos 10.4 pcc

Marco Meijer marco at mandrivaclub.nl
Wed Jan 20 00:32:57 PST 2010

I installed kdebase4 on a appel powermc pcc with macos 10.4

There were some problems I encounters so here is how I solved them.

apple-gcc42-devel

     Remove i586 from  /opt/local/etc/macport.conf

qt4-mac

      Qt4-mac build process seems to look on the wrong location for
      libQtLucene.4.dylib

      It already build the same file in
      /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_qt4-mac//work
  .qt-everywhere-opensource-scr-4.6.0/lib/

      I copied it by hand in the location where it is looking
      /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/

      and the building is proceeding. Is is a bug . But I think you will not
      find it in a update because then a old version of
libQtLucene.4.dylib is
      in the right place.

           For installing the new files remove the hand made directories
first.

automoc

     sudo ln -s  /opt/local/bin/gcc-4.2 /opt/local/bin/gcc-apple-4.2

     sudo ln -s /opt /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt

raptor
     needs gtkdoc-rebase installed
     sudo port install gtk-doc