failure of wxWidgets to build (as dependency for py26-wxpython)

Jim Busser jbusser at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Jan 20 02:39:49 PST 2010

On 2010-01-18, at 6:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I am able to install wxWidgets non-universal on Snow Leopard. Are you trying to build it universal? If so, that's #22815. Build it non-universal instead.

Further to the above, does the DEBUG output below mean that despite

	setting option os.universal_supported to yes

it is the line

	'universal_variant no' specified, so not adding the default universal variant

that ultimately defines whether or not the build is "universal" and is the latter any consequence of anything in archcheck-1.0.tcl ?

DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/wxWidgets
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/wxWidgets
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 10.2.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.6
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/archcheck-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: 'universal_variant no' specified, so not adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port wxWidgets.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port wxWidgets.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port wxWidgets.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_10 provides darwin_10