Error trying to upgrade Perl 5.10

Clint Olsen clint.olsen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:41:04 PST 2010

poly:~ clint$ sudo port -u upgrade outdated
--->  Deactivating perl5.10 @5.10.1_0+darwin
--->  Computing dependencies for perl5.10Error: Couldn't activate perl5.10
5.10.1_1: Can't install perl5.10 because conflicting ports are installed:
perl5.8
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get
complete output.

So, I've got 5.8.8 installed because at first I didn't realize there was a
5.10 port available.  I'm not sure how to eradicate 5.8.X from my ports
collection because now I have dependencies on this Perl.  Is there a
relatively easy way to uninstall 5.8 and make everything dependent on
5.10.X?

Thanks,

-Clint