Django

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jan 22 10:31:34 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Jasper Frumau wrote:
> This is how Mac Ports installed it.

It might be a good idea for the port to install links to this (and any other scripts that should be easily run) in ${prefix}/bin, you could open a ticket and assign it to the port's maintainer to ask for this.

> Should I simply move django-admin.py to a proper locations together with the other django .pys? If so where?

No, if you move stuff that macports has installed, it won't know where you've moved it to and it won't be able to manage it for you.

> Or can I fix the path elsewhere.

you can change the $PATH set in your shell which will change where your shell looks for commands.

> Quite familiar with Shell

no, you're not. If you were, you would know what $PATH was and why your shell is giving you the 'command not found' error.

This might help you: http://www.linfo.org/path_env_var.html (first google hit for 'What is $PATH')

--
Daniel J. Luke