New install, how should I set my macports.conf

Jim Busser jbusser at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Jan 23 17:47:45 PST 2010

On 2010-01-23, at 1:51 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> postgresql84 does not currently build correctly universal for x86_64/i386:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21358

As postgresql84 does not currently build correctly universal for x86_64/i386 however it (presumably) can build for i386

and

as wxWidgets (as dependency for py26-wxpython) needs 32-bit (because it does not build 64-bit yet, this from a personal answer from Jyrki Wahlstedt)

does this mean that, provided I am happy to lose 64-bit or build them selectively for those which had no interacting dependencies / dependents, then I could just set

build_archs i386

and would I need to do some kind of purge-and-rebuild? Then what I need which cannot build universal and/or which for any other reason would not build 64-bit should then work?