confusing 'port echo' output

Pavel Hlavnicka pavel.hlavnicka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 23:16:47 PST 2010

HI all,

I'm using macports for a while though still I'm sometimes a bit
confused bu its behavior. Recently I have discovered that 'port echo'
returns differently formatted output when port specifiers differ

-----------------
port echo installed and name:^apache2$

gives me

apache2                        @2.2.14_0+darwin+openldap+preforkmpm
-----------------

but

-----------------
port echo installed and name:^apache2$

gives me

apache2

so for some reason when "installed" pseudo port name is used the
output contains the version and variant installed... is there any
reason for this? I would expect to get port names only in both cases.
Is it possible I have found something what might be called a bug? ;)

Pavel

--
Pavel Hlavnicka
-