Installing OPENVPN2 as i386 on Snow Leopard

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Jan 30 03:17:40 PST 2010

While I can not provide any specific help for this issue, I did want to point out, that under 10.5, for over a year, I had VPN services working by doing little more than settings up a plist, and installing a launchd item to keep it going.

I found iVPN, and was annoyed that there was such a high price on an app that in my opinion, at least at the time, installed two files, and loaded a launchd startup item.  I bought it anyway, and could not get the license code to work, so returned it and nuked everything that it put in.

From there, I just started reading, and managed to hobble together the right configs to use the built in OS X VPN server.  It was not too bad.  I updated to 10.6 Snow Leopard on the machine I was VPN'ing into, so I have not had a chance to set it all back up again.

I also put 10.6 Server on the machine, which apparently has one click VPN built in, so I may just use that.  I thought you may want to try to set this up by hand, as I do not see any need for additional software.

I was actually going to make a port that installed those two files for you, just have not had time.  I will look into it again, as it was not a lot of trouble at all, and just worked.