Getting gcc4.4 to work with XCode

Miguel Cerviño mcs at iaa.es
Sun Jan 31 06:59:00 PST 2010

Hello,

Take a look to High Performance Computing for Mac OS X at:

http://hpc.sourceforge.net/index.php

It provide the binaries of compiled gcc 4.5 and there is several links for implementation inside XCode
(although I had never be able to make it works properly :( but ...)
All the directory tree it provides is outside macports, but at least it look possible use Xcode and gfortran together (at least there is people that do it...)

About the "libgfortranbegin", I had had the same problem several times when I had try to link programs
that has been compiled with different gcc versions. When I had recompiled every thing with the same
gcc version it had ussually worked...

I hope it helps.

Miguel