Need clarification on install procedure

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Thu Jul 1 21:26:17 PDT 2010

At 8:44 AM -0500 7/1/10, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>On Jun 30, 2010, at 13:15, Bill Christensen wrote:
>>  At 2:29 AM -0500 6/30/10, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>>  So you edited the php5 Portfile to change the configure.args, I
>>>guess? What kinds of changes did you need to make?
>>
>>  Yep.  The original config had "--without mysql" for instance, and
>>I added pear supprt as well.
>
>You don't need to edit the port to get MySQL support; instead, you
>use the php5-mysql port.

Right.  At least, not today.  Last time I did it, that's what was needed afaik.

>Same for PEAR support: instead, you use the php5 port's +pear variant.

Ok.  BTW, PEAR was because of a portion of a site built by someone
else years ago... essentially a legacy site now.  I'm hoping to
migrate everything off the server that one is on in the near future,
and thia hosting client, while historically an excellent revenue
source, is currently having to belt-tighten enough due to the
economic downturn that I can't realistically ask them to pay to
completely re-do their site to today's standards.   Even though they
really need to.

>If there's anything else you need in PHP, let me know if you can't
>find the corresponding variants or ports.

Thanks.  I think I found all I need for now, especially with the PEAR addition.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>

Sustainable Building Calendar: <http://Calendar.SustainableSources.com>