Installing AucTeX without TeXLive dependency

Jakob baldrian005 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:38:01 PDT 2010

Hey Folks!

I want to install auctex with macports to use it with Emacs.app (also installed via macports), but without installing the texlive port because i alerady have a working MacTeX installation on my computer.
I recognized that there is a +mactex variant to auctex but it seems not to remove the dependency on texlive.
Like in the portfile (http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/auctex/Portfile line 38 ) suggested i put /usr/texbin in the macports.conf binpath but i think this doesn't affect the behavior of the variants.

So is there a possibility to suppress the dependency on texlive by hand? I would be happy if you could help on this topic.
Best regards
Jakob