Porting atf - violating the layout of the ports-filesystems

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jul 6 05:46:22 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-04 03:32 , Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov wrote:
> --->  Staging atf into destroot
> Warning: violation by /opt/local/tests
> Warning: atf violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
> Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
> it will be an error in future releases!
>
> How would you advise me to fix this warning? Should I change ATF's
> portfile or should I patch its original build system?

In my opinion, the build system should not install ${prefix}/tests. It
seems like this location is a valid part of the netbsd tree [1], but not
for MacPorts.

Looking at the source tarball, Makefile.am defines this variable:
testsdir = $(exec_prefix)/tests

There are multiple possible solutions. As I don't know atf, I can't
decide the best solution:

 * Omit the files from the distribution

    post-destroot {
       delete ${destroot}${prefix}/tests
    }

 * Move the files to another location

    destroot.args testsdir=${prefix}/share/${name}/tests

Rainer

[1] ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/devel/atf/PLIST