Porting atf - violating the layout of the ports-filesystems

Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:45:48 PDT 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2010-07-04 03:32 , Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov wrote:
>> --->  Staging atf into destroot
>> Warning: violation by /opt/local/tests
>> Warning: atf violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
>> Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
>> it will be an error in future releases!
>>
>> How would you advise me to fix this warning? Should I change ATF's
>> portfile or should I patch its original build system?
>
> In my opinion, the build system should not install ${prefix}/tests. It
> seems like this location is a valid part of the netbsd tree [1], but not
> for MacPorts.

These atf tests definitely should not be installed in /opt/local/tests
- macports is right to issue a warning. However, I was able to execute
these tests and they passed. I would keep them in /opt/local/share/atf
as examples of working atf tests.

> Looking at the source tarball, Makefile.am defines this variable:
> testsdir = $(exec_prefix)/tests
>
> There are multiple possible solutions. As I don't know atf, I can't
> decide the best solution:
>
>  * Omit the files from the distribution
>
>    post-destroot {
>       delete ${destroot}${prefix}/tests
>    }
>
>  * Move the files to another location
>
>    destroot.args testsdir=${prefix}/share/${name}/tests

I like the second solution more and I added destroot.args in atf's
Portfile. Thank you very much for your advice. I also submitted a
ticket for adding ATF to macports and I attached the initial Portfile
(see below).

Regards
Ivan

PortSystem              1.0

name                    atf
version                 0.10
categories              devel
platforms               darwin
maintainers             rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
description             The Automated Testing Framework
long_description                The Automated Testing Framework (ATF)
is a collection of \
                                libraries and utilities designed to
ease unattended \
                                application testing in the hands of
developers and \
                                end users of a specific piece of software.

homepage                http://www.netbsd.org/~jmmv/atf/
master_sites
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmmv/atf/${version}/
checksums               md5     72160cf5e983c7b029168f2c236cc2e7 \
                        sha1    f3d1a689204c69dc40211d2ecce0eb4f09f8ad75 \
                        rmd160  2f0e2e499b87090f81a15f8f756cc48b1e8b9486

depends_lib             port:xmlcatmgr

destroot.args           testsdir=${prefix}/share/${name}/tests

--
Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com