"shell command failed": for multiple ports on 1.9.1

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 07:48:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

I upgraded to 1.9.1 yesterday and tried to do an "upgrade outdated". I
received this "shell command failed" for dbus-glib (0.86_1) and I filed a
ticket for it at the macports trac (see
here<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/25581>)
as it also failed on 1.8.1.
However, I now get the same "shell command failed" error also for lame,
libmad and wine.

I can off course submit more bug tickets but I first want to know whether it
can be a configuration issue on my Mac (Macbook Pro, OSX 10.5.8, Macports
1.9.1). It only happens for universal builds. If I use "sudo port install
<port name> -universal" the ports are built correctly for i386.

Then I decided to do a "sudo port uninstall installed", and to be sure
followed by a "sudo port clean all" (sigh).
Then I restarted building the whole bunch again, but with the exact same
results for the above mentioned ports dbus-glib, lame, libmad and wine. (and
maybe many more which I didn't touch yet).

relevant parts from my /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf:
# MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
#universal_target       10.4
#universal_target        10.5

# the SDK "sysroot" to use
#universal_sysroot      /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
#universal_sysroot       /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

# machine architectures
universal_archs         i386 ppc

I'm on intel (see above) so I put i386 as first architecture.

Entries of my /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf:
+universal +no_x11 +quartz