sqlite error: disk I/O error

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jul 9 12:49:05 PDT 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:53 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>> Going a bit off topic here, but S.M.A.R.T. is not all that smart, and there could be data that is secretly failing and becoming corrupt, yet passing all tests.
>
> I've had good luck with smartmontools (available from MacPorts ;-) ).
>
> Adding something like:
>
> DEVICESCAN -m my_email at my_domain -s (S/../.././02|L/../../6/03) -M exec /usr/bin/mail
>
> to smartd.conf
>
> So far, every failing disk has generated an error email some time before it became totally unreadable (which makes it less likely that I'll have to restore from backup, so usually saves me some time). Nothing is going to be able to give you 100% warning, though...

sudo port install smartmontools
--->  Computing dependencies for smartmontools
--->  Fetching smartmontools
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for smartmontools
--->  Extracting smartmontools
--->  Configuring smartmontools
--->  Building smartmontools
--->  Staging smartmontools into destroot
--->  Installing smartmontools @5.39.1_0
--->  Deactivating smartmontools @5.39.1_0+universal
--->  Cleaning smartmontools
--->  Activating smartmontools @5.39.1_0