gross error

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jul 9 13:13:14 PDT 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:

>> Apple is obligated by California law to provide replacement parts for all products for seven years from the last date of manufacture.
>
> That's good to know. What was the last manufacture date for an iBook G4?
> And where would I even look/who would I talk to about getting those
> hardware tests?

I believe it is the Mid 2005 iBook G4:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/SP43

The spec database is always helpful:
    http://support.apple.com/specs/

Entering your serial number at that page will show you the manufacture data of your machine, in most cases. Not all, serial numbers can be in error, or a hardware swap may have changed it, and the tech forgot to use the serial number update tool to put your old serial number back in place.

Finding the last manufacture date for any Mac can be a bit of a pain, I have found wikipedia to be about as good a resource as possible for that:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBook

On OS 9, I think Newer used to make an app that listed all Macs, and broke them out as to how many slots, max ram, what it came with, what drive it had, what the max drive bays were etc.  And you could upload your system profiler report to help them keep it up to date.  I'm not sure if they kept that up on OS X or not.

Good luck.  Have a good weekend.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)