gross error

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:30:25 PDT 2010

> You can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan which gives you a total of 3 years of hardware coverage from date of computer purchase and 3 years of phone support from date of computer purchase.
>
> On an iBook, sure, these are almost certainly expired.

Yep :-)

> The AppleCare Protection Plan also includes a copy of TechTool Deluxe, which is another kind of hardware test. Or you can buy TechTool Pro separately.

Hmm. The person I got my computer from *did* have the protection plan,
and did not have that hardware test disk.

> Apple has free resources on their support web site you can access anytime. I don't know why entering your serial number into the web site did not produce any result for you. Perhaps a bug or momentary glitch.

Maybe. Either way, I couldn't find a URL for actual support resources.

> Apple is obligated by California law to provide replacement parts for all products for seven years from the last date of manufacture.

That's good to know. What was the last manufacture date for an iBook G4?
And where would I even look/who would I talk to about getting those
hardware tests?