please help

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 02:00:35 PDT 2010

Hi Zachary,

It's great that you try to build hugin via Macports. However, the hugin
version is version 7.0 svn 2903 and autopano-sift-c macports is also svn
2903. Both are old versions from October 2008. We had already 4 new versions
with great new added functionality and we are working on the fifth new
version.

(OT: We also switched from subversion (svn) to mercurial. This will give
"different" version numbers in the development builds).

I'm the bundle maintainer for Hugin. You can find the current stable version
at hugin.sourceforge.net (2010.0).

More current versions can be downloaded from my site at (1).

In both cases: read the readme file with regard to autopano-sift-c and
panomatic. Both are available via my site but not bundled with Hugin due to
patent/license restrictions in the USA.

We are working on the new 2010.1 release.

Last but not least: Being the bundle maintainer of Hugin and (main) writer
of both the cmake (2) and Xcode (3) tutorials on building hugin, I (almost)
feel obliged to bring the port to the latest level. I didn't look carefully
at the cmake build lately (not the macports version) and I know that the
install is not entirely correct anymore.
I'll have a look at it (but I'm currently also looking at 3 other ports
which I need for avidemux and I'm working on my own projects).

Bringing hugin to the latest level also requires to update libpano13 and
autopano-sift-c. And I think that panomatic should be added.

Harry

(1): <
http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=EN&subject=Hugin&texttag=Hugin>
(2): <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_OSX>