mpfr patchfile missing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 20 15:53:49 PDT 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 17:02, Deepak Ramachandran wrote:

> I'm a newbie to macports, I just installed it a few weeks ago and i'm having trouble.

Welcome to MacPorts! Sorry you're having difficulties. Let's see what we can do.

> I installed latex and it was working normally. But at some point i think i did a self-update and then whenever i tried to run latex i got this:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libpoppler.5.dylib Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/pdflatex
> Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>

> I saw a message on the developers list that said this can be fixed by a revbump.

Your pdflatex (part of the texlive-latex package) is expecting to find version 5 of the poppler library; this library was part of the poppler 0.12.x software. Poppler was recently updated to version 0.14.x, which increased the library version to 6. Therefore texlive-latex needs to have its revision increased so users are advised (via "port outdated") that they need to rebuild. I have filed a ticket in the issue tracker for this problem for you:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/25758

In the mean time, you can forcibly rebuild texlive-latex:

sudo port clean texlive-latex
sudo port -n upgrade --force texlive-latex

> I'm not sure what that means so I just tried to selfupdate. However after selfupdate when i try to run upgrade I get:
>
> $ sudo port upgrade outdated
> ---> Computing dependencies for mpfr
> ---> Applying patches to mpfr
> Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: Patch file patch02 is missing
> Log for mpfr is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_mpfr/main.log
>

> I don't know what to do now (?)

Clean mpfr and try again. I checked just now, and the patchfiles do exist on several of the distfiles servers so they should have been downloaded to your computer during the fetch phase.

sudo port clean mpfr
sudo port upgrade mpfr

If it fails again, please provide the complete log file.