Trying to update a Portfile

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 03:05:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

currently hugin is at svn version 2903 which is way too old. I'm trying to
update the port to the current stable version 2010.0 which can be found at <
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin> and than at
<hugin-2010.0/hugin-2010.0.0.tar.gz>
Note that the folder name is "hugin-2010.0" and the distfile name is
"hugin-2010.0.0.tar.gz" (the mac dmg in the folder is my universal bundle,
being the bundle maintainer for hugin. It's not the sourcecode tar.gz and
it's a very complicated XCode build).

Whatever I set in the Portfile, I only and always get a 113kb html file
inside "/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/hugin/" instead of the tar.gz.
That, off course, gives an error in the md5/sha1 checksums (which I set
corectly for the 2010.0 var.gz).
What am I doing wrong?

Currently I have in the (modified) Portfile:
<snip>
name                    hugin
version                 2010.0
revision                0
<snip>
master_sites
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/$name-$version
distname                $name-$version.$revision
distfiles               $name-$version.$revision.tar.gz
extract.suffix          .tar.gz
worksrcdir              $name-$version.$revision
<snip>

I also tried:
<snip>
master_sites            sourceforge:hugin
master_sites.mirror_subdir      $name-$version
distname                $name-$version.$revision
distfiles               $name-$version.$revision.tar.gz
extract.suffix          .tar.gz
worksrcdir              $name-$version.$revision
<snip>

(and numeorus other combinations. sigh)

Please reveal the hidden secrets behind the magic :-)

Harry