Error installing WINE via macports 1.9.1

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:27:16 PDT 2010

Am 28.07.2010 um 02:01 schrieb chrissam:

> I hope someone can shed light on this problem. I'm trying to install WINE on
> my mac so I followed the instructions here:
> http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/. Basically, the steps are: 1.
> install xcode, 2. install macports, 3. install wine.

Just for your information, Wine just recently released a new version, so if you want the most recent version of Wine you should
sudo port install wine.
And then if you want to keep up to date keep an eye on the wine-devel port, when it passes 1.2 (maybe 1.3) it may become interesting though for a while the main version should be much safer.

This will not solve your problem, since the wine port will most likely exhibit the same problems as the wine-devel one.

ALTERNATIVELY when you don't succeed there is a nice precompiled package from Mike Kronenberg at http://mike.kronenberg.org/
It should behave like self compiled wine, but has some benefits.

--
Take care
Dominik Reichardt