Still have MySQL problems that need to get solved soon (was: Re: Apache and MySQL won't start)

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Thu Jul 29 09:44:30 PDT 2010

On 29 Jul, 2010, at 18:35 , Jasper Frumau wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Ali A Samii <samii at me.com> wrote:
>
> On 29 Jul, 2010, at 18:19 , Jasper Frumau wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Ali A Samii <samii at me.com> wrote:
>> OK, I solved those errors. I had to move from the development to the production version of php.ini
>>
>> But now I have another problem.
>>
>> I can't load the root level of the /opt/local/www
>>
>> In my /etc/hosts, I have defined 3 virtual domains:
>>
>> 127.0.0.1	pma
>> 127.0.0.1	dev.thesamiis.com
>> 127.0.0.1	dev.lesamisdestan.com
>>
>> The standard lines that were in the hosts file by default were not touched, and they included:
>> 127.0.0.1	localhost.
>>
>> In the /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf I have also added a Virtual Host for pma, dev.thesamiis.com and dev.lesamisdestan.com using your suggested format:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>     DocumentRoot "/opt/local/www/phpmyadmin"
>>     ServerName pma
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> But now, when I point my browser to http://localhost/ phpmyadmin loads.
>>
>> And if I point my browser to http://localhost/info.php I get this:
>>
>> Not Found
>>
>> The requested URL /info.php was not found on this server.
>>
>> What did you find in the Apache logs cat /opt/local/apache2/logs/access_log and cat /opt/local/apache2/logs/error_log ?
>
> Well, it seems that it sees the pma directory as the root
>
> [Thu Jul 29 18:24:51 2010] [error] [client ::1] script '/opt/local/www/phpmyadmin/info.php' not found or unable to stat

If I set pma to /opt/local/www, that defeats the purpose of the virtualhost.

What I assume it is supposed to be able to do (and does with the other two virtual hosts I have defined) is that I can type:

http://localhost/		============> /opt/local/www				# loads phpmyadmin!!! :(
http://pma/			============> /opt/local/www/phpmyadmin/		# works like a charm
http://dev.thesamiis.com/	============> /opt/local/www/dev.thesamiis.com/		# works like a charm
http://dev.lesamisdestan.com/	============> /opt/local/www/dev.lesamisdestan.com/	# works like a charm

I this somewhere there is a conflict, but not sure where.