Creating .pkg

Lorenzo Pii pii.lorenzo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 06:06:19 PDT 2010

Hi;
I've just installed macports and I have some questions. I tried and compile successfully gnuplot on my mac. Once I've done that I've created a .pkg installer. Here's my questions:

- Is there any way of creating a drag and drop app instead of an installing one?
- I run the .pkg but I cannot find anything on my applications folder. Maybe it's just because gnuplot is a command line app so it do not need a proper app inside applications folder? Will be any differences with other apps with a proper gui, such as gimp, for example?
- What if I want to uninstall gnuplot installed via the .pkg file? I know I can use port uninstall gnuplot but what if I want to use the .pkg on a machine which has not macport installed? How would I uninstall it?

Thank you

Lorenzo