Upgrade ffmpeg 0.6_0 problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 31 13:26:47 PDT 2010

On Jul 31, 2010, at 12:25, tome at QX.Net wrote:

> As a follow-up, just for something to do, I uninstalled/cleaned ffmpeg again, uninstalled Xcode 2.5, Shutdown my computer ( because I read that
> somewhere ), Redownloaded Xcode 2.5 and Installed again, Shutdown the computer again, restarted and did 'sudo port -d selfupdate' ( just for grins ),
> and 'sudo port install ffmpeg' again with the same result.  I don't pretend to understand how all this fits together, but from the error message it is
> almost as if something is misspelled somewhere.  I found a reference to '-lavutil' in a ffmpegSDKtutorial.txt that I had downloaded sometime back, but
> could not find 'lavutil' anywhere on my computer.  I can find 'libavutil' a bunch of places.  Is this a spelling thing?

The command "-lavutil" means "please link with the library libavutil.dylib", so that seems correct enough.

I cannot reproduce this problem today on Tiger or Snow Leopard. My log says I did have this problem yesterday on Snow Leopard, but now I don't, and of course I didn't save the log from when it failed. :/ If you could file a ticket with the complete log showing the failure that should be helpful in figuring out what's happening differently for you. Be sure to "sudo port selfupdate" first because an unrelated fix was just committed to ffmpeg.