Upgrade ffmpeg 0.6_0 problem

tome at QX.Net tome at QX.Net
Sat Jul 31 10:25:57 PDT 2010

As a follow-up, just for something to do, I uninstalled/cleaned ffmpeg again, uninstalled Xcode 2.5, Shutdown my computer ( because I read that
somewhere ), Redownloaded Xcode 2.5 and Installed again, Shutdown the computer again, restarted and did 'sudo port -d selfupdate' ( just for grins ),
and 'sudo port install ffmpeg' again with the same result.  I don't pretend to understand how all this fits together, but from the error message it is
almost as if something is misspelled somewhere.  I found a reference to '-lavutil' in a ffmpegSDKtutorial.txt that I had downloaded sometime back, but
could not find 'lavutil' anywhere on my computer.  I can find 'libavutil' a bunch of places.  Is this a spelling thing?

I did clean after deactivating.  I even went so far as to uninstall the old version and clean the new version and start from scratch.  Received the same
messages as after deactivating.  I am sitting here now with no ffmpeg on my machine, but all the dependents are still here.  Thanks for your help.