atlas depends on gcc43 *and* gcc44 ???

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 17:59:00 PDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, Stephen Langer wrote:

> I was wondering why anything depends on atlas at all.  Is atlas noticeably better than the lapack and blas routines in the > Accelerate framework?  I couldn't find any comparisons on-line.

I was wondering the same thing as well.  Since I am only installing
atlas to get gimp to work anyway I would prefer not to have to build
it for some miniscule speed increase in some obscure filter (if gimp
even actually ends up using any parts of blas or lapack, but I guess
it's possible it's important).

Scott