Problems installing Atlas

shawn at msbx.ws shawn at msbx.ws
Wed Jun 9 10:16:02 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the atlas port with the universal variant and I'm
getting the following error:

Error: Cannot install atlas for the arch(s) 'i386 x86_64' because
Error: its dependency gcc44 is only installed for the arch 'x86_64'
Error: and does not have a universal variant.
Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch

I know that gcc44 does not have a universal variant, but gcc44 does
install 32- and 64-bit libraries so this should work. This actually
works fine under 1.8.2 with the latest atlas port. I'm guessing that
1.9.0 is doing some extra checks that weren't being done before? I'm
running 1.9.0 with Snow Leopard.

Any hints?

Thanks!
Shawn