MacPorts 1.9.0 has been released

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 9 11:22:07 PDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> One particular change that requires special attention is the new SQLite
> registry format, which will be the preferred format moving forward. It
> is the default for new installs, but existing installs will need their
> macports.conf edited in order to use it, by changing 'portdbformat flat'
> to 'portdbformat sqlite'. After making this change, your existing flat
> receipts will be converted the first time you run port(1) with
> sufficient privileges (this usually means using sudo; e.g. 'sudo port
> installed').

I ran `sudo port -d selfupdate` and all seemed to go well.
I edited macports.conf to change to sqlite then ran `sudo port installed`
I next ran `sudo port outdated` to find two ports needing updating.
I ran `sudo port upgrade outdated` and gettext and libtool were updated.

After a bit of time, all was updated, and it seems to work well.  I thought I would report a successful update case.  It went smoothly.