Gnudatalanguage failed to update w Macports 1.9.0

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 10 07:04:49 PDT 2010

On Jun 10, 2010, at 07:38, David Nicholls wrote:

> Computing dependencies for gnudatalanguage
> --->  Fetching gnudatalanguage
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gnudatalanguage
> --->  Extracting gnudatalanguage
> --->  Configuring gnudatalanguage
> --->  Building gnudatalanguage
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
> Log for gnudatalanguage is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_gnudatalanguage/main.log
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> At the end of that log, at the point where it first mentions an error, it says:
>
> :info:build libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6b, but the
> :info:build libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.10.
> :info:build libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6b
> :info:build libtool: and run autoconf again.

Can you show us more lines above this error? The libtool port was just updated to 2.2.8 and then quickly to 2.2.10. I suspect some other port you have on your system, which was built when libtool 2.2.6b was current, needs to be rebuilt for 2.2.10, and thus needs a version bump. Hopefully the lines above this message will help us figure out what that port is.

> And if I want to update other ports in the meantime, how do I stop upgrade from failing on GDL?

You may not want to attempt to do so; those other port updates may require the gnudatalanguage update.