Quick install

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jun 11 14:44:08 PDT 2010

I have a portfile I am working on, sitting on my desktop.

cd ~/Desktop
sudo port -d install

At some point, the output hits this:
--->  Attempting to fetch the_software.zip from http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/the_software

I then get 15 or so 404 errors for a file not found.

Is it completely wrong to try to install a port this way?

I am trying to bump a quick test and go to assp 1.7.1.3
Here are my bare minimums:

name                ASSP
version             1.7.1.3
homepage            http://assp.sourceforge.net/
master_sites        sourceforge:assp
livecheck.regex     "ASSP Installation ASSP (\\d+(?:\\.\\d+)*) released"
use_zip             yes
depends_run         bin:perl:perl5.8
distname            ${name}_${version}-Install
worksrcdir          ${distname}/ASSP
set assp_base       ${prefix}/var/ASSP
use_configure       no

I have not looked at this port in months, and wanted to get it off my "todo" list and into the system, they released a stable 1.7 which I want to at least make sure installs.

It looks like app the dependencies went in.  Is there a way to check that the dependencies for a certain port are installed aside form `port installed` and comparing it to the list of dependencies from `port info` or similar?

Oh, I thought all I wold need to do was bump the version and update the checksums, what is the best way to get the checksums aside from just trying to install, letting it fail, and copying and pasting?

Thanks.