Quick install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 11 14:58:10 PDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 16:44, Scott Haneda wrote:

> I have a portfile I am working on, sitting on my desktop.
>
> cd ~/Desktop
> sudo port -d install
>
> At some point, the output hits this:
> --->  Attempting to fetch the_software.zip from http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/the_software
>
> I then get 15 or so 404 errors for a file not found.
>
> Is it completely wrong to try to install a port this way?

Nope, that's just fine, except the project doesn't appear to have released any distfiles for 1.7.1.3. Try version 1.7.1.5 instead; that fetches ok for me.

> I am trying to bump a quick test and go to assp 1.7.1.3
> Here are my bare minimums:
>
> name                ASSP
> version             1.7.1.3
> homepage            http://assp.sourceforge.net/
> master_sites        sourceforge:assp
> livecheck.regex     "ASSP Installation ASSP (\\d+(?:\\.\\d+)*) released"
> use_zip             yes
> depends_run         bin:perl:perl5.8
> distname            ${name}_${version}-Install
> worksrcdir          ${distname}/ASSP
> set assp_base       ${prefix}/var/ASSP
> use_configure       no
>
> I have not looked at this port in months, and wanted to get it off my "todo" list and into the system, they released a stable 1.7 which I want to at least make sure installs.
>
> It looks like app the dependencies went in.  Is there a way to check that the dependencies for a certain port are installed aside form `port installed` and comparing it to the list of dependencies from `port info` or similar?

With 1.9's new pseudoports I think we now have a shorthand way to do this:

port echo rdepof:assp and not installed

> Oh, I thought all I wold need to do was bump the version and update the checksums, what is the best way to get the checksums aside from just trying to install, letting it fail, and copying and pasting?

That's how I do it. "sudo port -d checksum", copy the 3 checksum lines out of the debug output, paste them into the portfile, reformat to match the portfile's existing formatting. I've meant to write a script that would automate this but haven't done so yet.