Gimp-gap installation error on Snow Leopard

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 00:39:11 PDT 2010

I wanted to add gimp-app to my MBP using Snow Leopard and OSX 10.6.3 using
MacPorts 1.9.0

 jasper$ sudo port install gimp-gap
--->  Computing dependencies for gimp-gap
--->  Dependencies to be installed: MPlayer giflib libmad lzo2
--->  Fetching giflib
--->  Attempting to fetch giflib-4.1.6.tar.bz2 from
http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/giflib
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for giflib
--->  Extracting giflib
--->  Applying patches to giflib
--->  Configuring giflib
--->  Building giflib
--->  Staging giflib into destroot
--->  Installing giflib @4.1.6_1
--->  Activating giflib @4.1.6_1
--->  Cleaning giflib
--->  Fetching libmad
--->  Attempting to fetch libmad-0.15.1b.tar.gz from
http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/mad
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for libmad
--->  Extracting libmad
--->  Configuring libmad
--->  Building libmad
--->  Staging libmad into destroot
--->  Installing libmad @0.15.1b_2
--->  Activating libmad @0.15.1b_2
--->  Cleaning libmad
--->  Fetching lzo2
--->  Attempting to fetch lzo-2.03.tar.gz from
http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/lzo2
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for lzo2
--->  Extracting lzo2
--->  Configuring lzo2
--->  Building lzo2
--->  Staging lzo2 into destroot
--->  Installing lzo2 @2.03_2
--->  Activating lzo2 @2.03_2
--->  Cleaning lzo2
--->  Fetching MPlayer
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: MPlayer does not compile on Snow
Leopard.  Please use multimedia/mplayer-devel instead
Log for MPlayer is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_multimedia_MPlayer/main.log
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: MPlayer
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Apparently gimp-app works with MPlayer and Mplayer does not play nice with
Snoe Leopard. Should I file a bug report on this?