MPlayer does not compile on Snow Leopard (was: Re: Gimp-gap installation error on Snow Leopard)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 15 10:02:00 PDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 11:54, Jasper Frumau wrote:

>> >  Maybe there are blocking certain ip ranges?
>>
>> Or maybe more likely your network is blocking certain ports? This connection is trying to happen on port 3690. Can you connect to other Subversion servers that serve on that port?
>>

> I hardly ever used subversion. Did use Turtoise Subversion a year ago or so.. Well I installed subversion (installed using MacPorts) and decided to download ProjectPier using SVN :
>
> Jaspers-MacBook-Pro:svn jasper$ svn co https://projectpier.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/projectpier/ProjectPier/Trunk/
> Error validating server certificate for 'https://projectpier.svn.sourceforge.net:443':
>  - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
>    fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
> Certificate information:
>  - Hostname: *.svn.sourceforge.net
>  - Valid: from Mon, 04 Jan 2010 14:21:55 GMT until Sat, 05 Feb 2011 09:03:23 GMT
>  - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
>  - Fingerprint: ea:d1:3e:01:cc:16:e9:9b:c2:ab:4b:0c:cc:26:5f:25:78:ea:89:b4
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? t
> A    Trunk/language
> A    Trunk/public/assets/themes/default/stylesheets/general/forms.css
> A    Trunk/public/assets/themes/default/stylesheets/application_logs.css
> Checked out external at revision 177.
>
> Checked out revision 177.
>
> This works, but port 443 is automatically used apparently. Any servers you know could use to test port 3690? And how did you know port 3690 was used in the first place?

Because I know that the svn:// protocol (which talks to a program called svnserve) uses port 3690 by default.

I don't know a good general way to discover projects that are using svnserve to serve their Subversion repositories (as opposed to, say, Apache, like MacPorts and ProjectPier do). But grepping the MacPorts portfiles collection for "svn://", I found the following URLs you can try:

svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/

svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk/

svn://svn.valgrind.org/valgrind/trunk/

svn://svn.icculus.org/duke3d/trunk/