selfupdate fails

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jun 17 12:05:31 PDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 2:58 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
>> Well, can your C compiler create executables? Is Xcode properly installed? Check the config.log for more details!
> up to now i never had problems with my macports and Xcode installation…
>
> config.log says this:
> ---
> configure:3002: checking for gcc
> configure:3018: found /opt/local/bin/no_default_gcc/gcc

you don't want it to find this compile, you want to use the one installed by Xcode.

You probably have 'CC' set so AC_PROG_CC is finding this instead of the 'normal' Xcode installed compiler.

When normally installing ports, Macports sanitizes the environment so this isn't an issue, but I think that this doesn't happen for building macports (I could be wrong).

--
Daniel J. Luke