New user wants to write c code in Xcode

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 17 13:55:36 PDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 15:42, arvand tiv wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jun 17, 2010, at 13:43, arvand tiv wrote:
>>
>> > /Developer/usr/bin/gdb: line 88: sed: command not found
>>
>> Does /usr/bin/sed exist and work? If not, put it back; it's an integral part of Mac OS X.
>
> your help saved me! I simply went a head and copied the binary file in my usr/bin from the local/bin and it magically worked out! I am not sure what happend to the original sed but I am happy now...

"local/bin" -- did you mean /usr/local/bin or /opt/local/bin? I wouldn't recommend copying sed from either of those locations since they're probably not the same version of sed that was originally shipped with your Mac. Instead you should copy /usr/bin/sed from another computer running the same version of Mac OS X that you are, or from your Mac OS X install disc.

If you have anything in /usr/local you should move or delete it because it can interfere with MacPorts. Instead, use MacPorts to install any software you need.

Don't forget to use Reply All (not Reply) when replying so your message gets to the list too and not just to me.