New 10.6.4

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Sun Jun 20 08:10:22 PDT 2010

On 6/20/10 1:30 AM, Matrix Mole wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:11 AM, John B Brown<jbb at vcn.com>  wrote:
>>         After the first few start-ups after installing XQuartz I decided I
>> didn't need an XQuartz xterm starting automatically. I set XQuartz to start
>> nothing. xterm still starts automatically. Possibly this is an XQuartz
>> problem but the weirdness now includes a full screen xterm starting. This
>> last twist is since the Mac OS X 10.6.4 update.
>>
>>         Might there be some place I can find the cause?
>
> How did you set XQuartz to start nothing? I don't know if it's the
> same for 10.4 but I know that XQuartz now uses the defaults system
> 'defaults read org.macosforge.xquartz.x11' look for the line
> 'app_to_run' and check to see if xterm is listed there.
>
> Even if it's not there, you can try: defaults write
> org.macosforge.xquartz.x11 app_to_run ""
> That should set the default application as nothing.

	Thank you for that set of directions. Why did the variable not change
when I performed the write using sudo but changed only when I performed
the write as myself? I am set for ALL in sudoers. Is that variable
stored in some 'very private' place?

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"A man who does not know the truth is just an idiot
but a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie
is a crook."  Bertolt Brecht
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068