New 10.6.4

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 00:30:26 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:11 AM, John B Brown <jbb at vcn.com> wrote:
>        After the first few start-ups after installing XQuartz I decided I
> didn't need an XQuartz xterm starting automatically. I set XQuartz to start
> nothing. xterm still starts automatically. Possibly this is an XQuartz
> problem but the weirdness now includes a full screen xterm starting. This
> last twist is since the Mac OS X 10.6.4 update.
>
>        Might there be some place I can find the cause?

How did you set XQuartz to start nothing? I don't know if it's the
same for 10.4 but I know that XQuartz now uses the defaults system
'defaults read org.macosforge.xquartz.x11' look for the line
'app_to_run' and check to see if xterm is listed there.

Even if it's not there, you can try: defaults write
org.macosforge.xquartz.x11 app_to_run ""
That should set the default application as nothing.