Can't seem to install wine-devel

Ruben Vincenten rubenvincenten at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 03:44:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to install wine-devel onto my SL system, however when trying to install I'm getting the error about tiff not being able to install:

[...]
--->  Dependencies to be installed: tiff
--->  Configuring tiff
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed
Log for tiff is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_tiff/main.log
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: tiff
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

The log shows this:

[...]
:info:configure checking zlib.h presence... yes
:info:configure checking for zlib.h... yes
:info:configure checking for jpeg_read_scanlines in -ljpeg... no
:info:configure configure: error: IJG JPEG library not found at /opt/local/lib
:info:configure shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_tiff/work/tiff-3.9.2-i386" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-jbig --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-docdir=/opt/local/share/doc/tiff-3.9.2 --with-jpeg-include-dir=/opt/local/include --with-jpeg-lib-dir=/opt/local/lib --with-zlib-include-dir=/opt/local/include --with-zlib-lib-dir=/opt/local/lib --with-apple-opengl-framework --disable-dependency-tracking  " returned error 1
:error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed
:debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: shell command failed
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for tiff): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:configure Log for tiff is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_tiff/main.log

It seems like it can't find this IJG JPEG library. I did, however, make sure jpeg is installed with port install jpeg, which doesn't give me any errors at all. I did some googling about this and found out that I need to build jpeg for a different architecture or something... I just don't know how.