Can't seem to install wine-devel

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:38:14 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Ruben Vincenten
<rubenvincenten at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like it can't find this IJG JPEG library. I did, however, make sure jpeg is installed with port install jpeg, which doesn't give me any errors at all. I did some googling about this and found out that I need to build jpeg for a different architecture or something... I just don't know how.

Since wine-devel is 32-bit only, you need to install all of its
dependencies as 32-bit as well.  So you probably want to install them
with the +universal variant so they can be used both by wine-devel and
other ports you've built as 64-bit.

I personally can't tell from the error message if this is your
problem, but you do need to do this and I'm guessing you haven't from
your question about the different architecture...

Scott