A word on Trac ticket submissions...

Ben Greenfield ben at cogs.com
Tue Jun 22 13:37:24 PDT 2010

If the current banner doesn't work I don't expect a different banner to work.

I just looked around and it seems if we want the port maintainer to magically get cced we nee the entry  point for ticket submission process to be aware of the port the ticket is being filed against.

One method would be to  have the ticket submitter choose the port they are ticketing from a webpage that casues the cc field to be populated with the current known maintainer.

The idea is having  webpage with all/some of the ports listed and the url for each port would contain the current email of the port maintainer.

Could be spam issues?

Here is the trac method for creating a url with variables.
Preset Values for New Tickets

To create a link to the new-ticket form filled with preset values, you need to call the /newticket? URL with variable=value separated by &.

Possible variables are :

	• type — The type droplist
	• reporter — Name or email of the reporter
	• summary — Summary line for the ticket
	• description — Long description of the ticket
	• component — The component droplist
	• version — The version droplist
	• severity — The severity droplist
	• keywords — The keywords
	• priority — The priority droplist
	• milestone — The milestone droplist
	• owner — The person responsible for the ticket
	• cc — The list of emails for notifying about the ticket change