ticket#25375 couchdb (rookie here)

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:47:29 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Daniel Terreros
<daniel.terreros at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yo,
>
> So I'm the dude that submitted ticket #25375 and it appears that it may be a
> duplicate(not ready to admit to that just yet :). The prevailing thought is
> that this patch needs to be applied and couchdb on macports will be back up
> and running again.

Which patch?  The fix mentioned on the apache site?  You could prepare
a patch that would work for macports (see the guide), test it, and
upload it to the ticket as a possible solution.

> How can I help? What should I do? I'd be happy to do it. I'm looking to
> contribute back to the community that has made my venture into development
> so easy, and couchdb is my favorite. How can I take the couchdb source .12
> (or the patched version) and get it to macports ? I read the dev section of
> the manual, so I just follow that step by step? I'm all for getting my hands
> dirty to learn.

There is the patch idea I wrote above, and as well, I think at least
two people now have suggested that it is a problem with the new
erlang, so I guess you could try installing an older version of erlang
and see if it fixes the problem, which would confirm it.  See
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

I'm just guessing at things you could try.  By the way, it is probably
more effective to keep posting on the same thread (ie. yours from 2
days ago with subject "Macport 1.9 and couchdb crash (ticket 25375)")
rather than starting a new one.

Scott