ticket#25375 couchdb (rookie here)

Daniel Terreros daniel.terreros at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 16:16:22 PDT 2010

WOW ok so rolled back erlang to R13B04 to try and score a workaround
victory. I did get couchdb to start for all of 2 milliseconds before the
asplosion occured here is the log.

"find: /opt/local/etc/couchdb/default.d: No such file or directory
find: /opt/local/etc/couchdb/local.d: No such file or directory
Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
[error] [<0.19.0>] Loading of
/opt/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.11.0/ebin/couch_stats_collector.beam
failed: badfile

=ERROR REPORT==== 25-Jun-2010::16:11:13 ===
/opt/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.11.0/ebin/couch_stats_collector.beam
failed: badfile
[error] [emulator] beam/beam_load.c(1317): Error loading module
couch_stats_collector:
  use of opcode 151; this emulator supports only up to 149

=ERROR REPORT==== 25-Jun-2010::16:11:13 ===
beam/beam_load.c(1317): Error loading module couch_stats_collector:
  use of opcode 151; this emulator supports only up to 149

[error] [<0.84.0>] {error_report,<0.30.0>,
    {<0.84.0>,supervisor_report,
     [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
      {errorContext,start_error},
      {reason,
          {'EXIT',
              {undef,
                  [{couch_stats_collector,start,[]},
                   {supervisor,do_start_child,2},
                   {supervisor,start_children,3},
                   {supervisor,init_children,2},
                   {gen_server,init_it,6},
                   {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
      {offender,
          [{pid,undefined},
           {name,stats_collector},
           {mfa,{couch_stats_collector,start,[]}},
           {restart_type,permanent},
           {shutdown,brutal_kill},
           {child_type,worker}]}]}}

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 25-Jun-2010::16:11:13 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_secondary_services}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {'EXIT',{undef,[{couch_stats_collector,start,[]},
                                 {supervisor,do_start_child,2},
                                 {supervisor,start_children,3},
                                 {supervisor,init_children,2},
                                 {gen_server,init_it,6},
                                 {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,stats_collector},
                  {mfa,{couch_stats_collector,start,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

[error] [<0.76.0>] {error_report,<0.30.0>,
    {<0.76.0>,supervisor_report,
     [{supervisor,{local,couch_server_sup}},
      {errorContext,start_error},
      {reason,shutdown},
      {offender,
          [{pid,undefined},
           {name,couch_secondary_services},
           {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
           {restart_type,permanent},
           {shutdown,infinity},
           {child_type,supervisor}]}]}}

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 25-Jun-2010::16:11:13 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_secondary_services},
                  {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 25-Jun-2010::16:11:13 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.30.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{couch_app,start,
                             [normal,
                              ["/opt/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                               "/opt/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                              [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.29.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.31.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.29.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 987
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 161
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 25-Jun-2010::16:11:13 ===
    application: couch
    exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start,
                                    [normal,
                                     ["/opt/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                                      "/opt/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                                  [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                                   {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
    type: temporary

"

<-----Goes back to the lab